"I was looking for someone to understand me, to love sincerely...I received all this!"
As you heard Natasha share in the video, the orphanage took care of her basic needs -- food, shelter, clothing.
But she longed for more.
Belonging. Commitment. Love from a family. Hope for a future.
Because we believe kids like Natasha need much more than their 'basic needs', the staff of Lifesong Ukraine are building relationships inside the orphanage walls to create what we call Constant Christian Presence (CCP).
The CCP provides mentorship and discipleship, improved living conditions, one-on-one counseling, group Bible study, job skills training, music lessons, and computer skills training.
Instead of the common trend of orphans creating orphans, Natasha, because of her support through CCP, now desires to help other children who are in orphanages to give them the support she received. Orphans mentoring orphans...a cycle worth striving for!
We are excited to announce that Lifesong Ukraine has recently launched a new child sponsorship program. If you are interested in helping build Constant Christian Presence by sponsoring a child like Natasha, please contact us.
"...He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory." Isaiah 61:3
Entries in CCP (4)
We are blessed to share this update from Dennis Poshelok, Director of Lifesong Ukraine,
...we had a great small event at the camp for 20 kids from Zap orphanage and 10 Zap volunteers and staff, including the Director Larissa. The Director really liked our camp and thanked all of us for such a great work we do with the kids and ministry! Enjoy the photos and join our prayer for thefuture of these children. They need God's mercy! We also thank you for being involved in the ministry which change lives.
We encourage you to look into the eyes and faces of these children and young adults and pray for God's powerful Spirit to be in their hearts as they are mentored and ministered to by the Lifesong staff in Ukraine.
"...the earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results." James 5:16b
Please enjoy this update from Lifesong Ukraine:
God has blessed us with many opportunities to serve our kids at Zaporozhye. Everyone on our team is healthy and continues to work hard expanding the Kingdom through our CCP efforts.
- A few of the Lifesong staff and volunteers recently traveled to Zap to celebrate Matvievka Orphanage's 60th anniversary, where we have been working for the last 6 years. Director Larisa was excitedthat we came all the way from Kharkov to support them for this event. The orphanage staff, the kids and Lifesong's workers put together an outstanding performance. Many kids at Matvievka have unique talents and our job is to teach them to use them for Christ.
- The Zap transitional program for orphanage graduates is growing. Many older kids at the orphanage are getting ready for graduation and their next transition into the safe, Christian environment of our program, wherethe local church will play a key role. Please keep them in your prayers.
Thank you for your continued prayer and support as we strive to bring joy and purpose to orphans in Ukraine.
Please enjoy this update from Lifesong Ukraine and it's work being done in the city of Zaporozhye:
- The CCP couple there, Sasha and Egor (on the left in the picture), is doing well, and ask for continued prayer.
- Last week the team celebrated one of the graduates' 18th birthday. The birthday girl, Alena (holding the cake), is a member at a local church and is involved in a small group Bible study. She is also a great witness to her friends at school.
We ask for prayer that:
- The kids in the Transition Program will be able to overcome the temptations of this world.
- We could find a permanent Transition Home for the Zap area instead of the rented facility we currently use.
- More kids will be open to the Gospel and our CCP efforts.
Thank you for your continued prayer and support as we strive to bring joy and purpose to orphans in Ukraine!